We're all excited when that vacation rolls around. It may be a yearly thing, a bi-yearly, or something that doesn't happen nearly as frequent as we'd like, but when it does, there is always some level of excitment. That chance to get away from the daily grind of the realities that are our lives whether good or bad is always accepted with open arms. . . at least by this excited traveler they are!

Saturday, September 19, 2009

South Bend Indiana - Sat. Sep. 19

We're in South Bend Indiana this evening, home of Notre Dame. Pretty cool place, pretty busy! There was a game today/night and the traffic is horrendous! We're going to go to the field tomorrow, drove by there tonight pretty much by accident only to get mixed up in all the traffic.

When we booked the room we got the best we could find that was available and that way the Super 8. The desk clerk was less than friendly over the phone when I was booking, then when we got in she was still a stone face crab. I'm big on customer service so this was a bit irritating. The elevator up was a bit clunky and the floor in our room slants a bit....hummm, like I said, the building doesn't look that old.

Wanted to use my laptop but was informed that they do not have wireless they use cables and all the cables had been rented out. What????? Rented out and it's "free" cable? Hummm?
We stopped at a store to pick up our own cable that way we'll have one when we travel for the "just in case" moments.

I still have that weird pain in my head. Feels a bit like a pulled muscle that's running into my head. Eek! It hurts and it just wont go away. Only last night when I sat in the Jacuzzi did it feel any better.

Tomorrow we finally head home and I think I'm actually ready for that. Even though I love to travel and see things, I also like the normalcy of home, the boring day to day routines have much going for them sometimes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment