Omaha Nebraska and Des Moines Iowa were by far some of the worst driving conditions of the entire trip as far as other drivers and traffic is concerned.
There were a few times that we thought an accident might occur.
We decided to have lunch in Des Moines then walk around a Staples Office Goods store when we were finished just so we could get a little longer breather our of the car. A good thing too because our patience was wearing thin with the drivers and it was beginning to bleed over onto each other.
It's getting greener and plusher the closer we get to home and THAT is a good thing. No fire scares here. At least none that I've heard of. The temp is at 91*, far better than the 114?* we experience in the Badlands.
Approx. 4 and a half hours and I'm afraid it's going to feel like an eternity.
We are both exhausted by the fantastic time we've had and by the sheer boringness of driving through Nebraska and Iowa.
*Yawn*
We just got back from Costa Rica... talk about TERRIBLE driving conditions & crazy drivers! I'm posting about the driving tomorrow. Craziness!
ReplyDelete