I feel more like the confused traveler than the excited one at this point. This ride has certainly been a wild one, and THATS an understatement!
We knew going into this that the road would be bumpy, but didn't realize the amount of HUGE speed bumps and potholes along the way and as much as we've both hated it and vow never to do again, I'm sure in the end it will be worth it. . . right? . . . . . I said RIGHT?
We have just 5 days before we close on our house here in Menomonie and STILL a bit unsure as to where we are going on Wednesday July 31st after the closing!
In a foreclosure there is such a ridiculously long line of people for a question to work it's way through in order to get an answer and a seemingly even longer line to get anything signed that days and days slip away.
There is always an opportunity for learning and growing in any situation we find ourselves standing within, however I am still blind to this one at this point because none of it makes much sense to me. We keep waiting for the other shoe to fall, to. . . . at the very last minute be hit so hard it knocks us off our axles. I hate that feeling and I hate not being able to shake it but too, what has been the theme of this entire thing has been, as soon as we relax, as soon as we feel that something is actually working out to our advantage we get hit, so you put up your wall of proverbial protection for that "just in case" the next shoe falls.
This all feels a bit surreal at times, because much as we both wanted to relocate closer to hubby's work, I never really thought we would, we talked so much about it over the last few years that it began to feel like just an over talked topic that wouldn't go any further than that....talk.
Now, here we are, with a house completely packed up, a garage and basement put into storage waiting until we can get the actual moving truck to haul out the rest of our belongings out. . . . to . . . . to somewhere unknown to us right now.
It reminds me of when we were young and some of the chances we took and the "no choice but" that we were faced with. Like the time that Mike had had enough with a job. We were young, our daughter was only a few months old, living hundreds of miles of what we considered "home" and he called me from work to inform me that he had just quit!
My stomach dropped, I went numb as the sweat overtook me, however as quickly as he told me that, he also informed me that the job offers were already there. Ok, back up the hill on this ride.
As I calmly hung the phone up to wait for him to come home, I felt ready to hit the road again, besides, that's what my life had been. We moved a lot when I was a kid. Born in St. Paul, moved to Maplewood, moved to Kansas, moved back to St. Paul, then back to Maplewood, at 9 yrs old we headed for Colorado. Once there we lived in three different places but still in the same town, even though having our "base" home in that town, we moved to the mountains for the summer where my father was working at the time until we headed back to Minnesota once again.
Marrying a man in radio has lead me down the same crazy road pretty much, there was one time we were going to move to St. Cloud MN. but we derailed it and went back to unpack all the boxes we had painstakingly taped up only a month before.
However we have been fortunate to live in the same town for the last 22 years. . . AMAZING! I have NEVER lived somewhere for that long, so while this move is exciting for me, it's also a bit shaky and the crazy bumps we have been experiencing don't make it any easier that's for sure and all we've wanted this entire time is to know where we were going. It's an odd thing to have your life dictated by others. Makes a person take a step back and be grateful for living in a country that for the most part we are free to do as we please.
So this partial dream state we're traveling in continues and no doubt WILL continue until we sit down and put our signatures on the documents that state the house is ours because right now, I feel as though I'm on auto pilot going through the motions it takes to do so. And it will be a beautiful day when we can finally get settled in "somewhere" until the next crazy bump in life takes over temporarily, which they inevitably do, because that's just how life works, so enjoy the beautiful times you experience in life because you'll need them to get you through the rough times.

No comments:
Post a Comment