The Green Tea was good, but hunger started in pretty quick, which was actually good for me because I can normally go half the morning without eating which is probably half my issue (not eating regular enough), so I had my shake and felt pretty good.
Learning to discipline myself again is even better. Sometimes true power is in the ability to say no.
"Fasting isn't a trend.
It's one of the oldest therapies in medicine
and its recorded practice dates back thousands of years. "
The second day is nearly finished and although there were some bumps today it's gone quite well. It's interesting too, how much food and eating are thrown into our faces...ALL-DAY-LONG! Commercials, tv programs, driving down the street and the abundance of restaurants all along the way.
The desire to "chew" is seemingly ingrained in us because just as pleasurable as it was to eat our salads for dinner, the sheer pleasure of just chewing became interestingly apparent.
My desire for a "fully leaded cola" made me fumble for about 15 minutes today and just like yesterday, it was at the same time of the day which I now will be able to use to my advantage. I was also made aware of "why" I wanted this soda. That too will prove to be helpful in my quest for weight loss, deeper spirituality and health.
"We gain spiritual clarity of thought while fasting,
it allows us to hear God more clearly.
Fasting also demonstrates a profound need for God's help and
guidance through complete dependence upon him."
Variety has taken on another meaning today as well. The boredom from the same food (minus the salads) has been, to say the least...challenging. Getting past that and I'm feeling healthier, lighter, and energized!
Ooo, this was interesting. I have a lot to say about weightloss myself having had the surgery. I've lost 200 pounds, most of my hair, and I struggle with the surgical Antibuse my new digestive system creates. Anyhoo. Don't limit your options, there are lots of things you can eat. I will b e happy to hook you up with ideas on how to jazz up that salad. Iceburg lettuce has no nutritional value. You will starve to death eating it. John was provided with locusts and honey. Protein from the locusts and B6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and amino acids. Calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc in the honey. Amazing right?
ReplyDelete