We're all excited when that vacation rolls around. It may be a yearly thing, a bi-yearly, or something that doesn't happen nearly as frequent as we'd like, but when it does, there is always some level of excitment. That chance to get away from the daily grind of the realities that are our lives whether good or bad is always accepted with open arms. . . at least by this excited traveler they are!

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Lets Fast!

trav·el   /ˈtrævəl/ Show Spelled [trav-uhl] Show IPA verb, trav·eled, trav·el·ing or ( especially British ) trav·elled, trav·el·ling, noun, adjective - verb (used without object)
1. to go from one place to another, as by car, train, plane, or ship; take a trip; journey: to travel for pleasure.
2. to move or go from one place or point to another.
3. to proceed or advance in any way.

I'm traveling this time by proceeding to advance ahead in my life, by moving from my stagnant point to a place that is flowing with life, lightness and cleansing.


So I decide to challenge myself and go on a three day fast. It's a road that I've not traveled in a very very long time. A journey that I no doubt need in order to reset my body so it will begin to do what I want and need it to do for weight loss, health and freshness. And more important than that, it's a reset within myself that will also allow me to purge the toxins that have built up in my body, mind and soul.


In the last few years I have rid myself of some pretty toxic people. People that I so gullibly thought were my friends for one reason or another, only to come to realize they were nothing more than a weight tied around my ankles pulling me down into the muck. And as those toxic people have been purged from my life, I have been quite blessed with adding new friends and rekindling old friends in the last few years and they are seemingly much better suited with the person I am today.



So, this will undoubtedly be an interesting ride, to say the least, as I read, study, pray and meditate my way through the next three days and to becoming lighter (in more ways than one!)



Mike decided that he too would like to take this little three day journey with me and quite honestly I am very pleased that he did because it certainly makes it easier to do with a buddy and he too has some purging to do since the loss of his mother nearly a year ago.





We're doing the SHAKEOLOGY THREE DAY CLEANSE

Our DAILY Regimen: (we however skipped the third shake....we just weren't hungry)


1 cup of green tea to start the day

BREAKFAST:

1 scoop Shakeology (140 calories)

1/2 cup of fruit (60 to 90 calories)—optional

Ice to taste

8 to10 oz. of water

SNACK 1 (85 calories):

1 piece of fruit (apple, pear, orange, banana mango, etc.)

LUNCH:

1 scoop Shakeology (140 calories)

Ice to taste 8 to 10 oz. of water

1 cup of green tea or a detox tea

SNACK 2: (you can have the second snack before or after dinner)

1 scoop Shakeology (140 calories)

Ice to taste

8 to10 oz. of water   DINNER:
Salad with grilled white fish or poultry (roughly 340 calories)

Greens—3 servings of vegetables, plus 4 oz. of grilled white meat (fish or poultry)

2 tablespoons of dressing—no more!

It's not been bad at all. There were two rough areas for me but that's good because I now know what and where they are so I can go through my days more aware. We've not really been hungry at all, only caught up in the trap of routine that has made us think we've needed one thing or another when indeed we didn't.
So now here it is, late the first night and we're sipping the Green Tea that we failed to have this morning and soon it'll be time for bed. One day down!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhhhh So there IS food involved! I'm doing Visalus now shakes twice a day, fruit, etc. I haven't foregone my coffee & I'm not as good with dinner. Hmmmm... May have to check out this Shakeology....Let me know how you do! :)

    ReplyDelete