Fire Now Burns In Estes Park Colorado
So now it's spread! We're two days away from leaving and the fire has now spread. . .again! Over 78 thousand acres!!! I am "this" close to changing the Colorado leg of the our trip to Western Wyoming.
Debbie does not paint a very pretty picture of events that are happening on a daily basis at her house. She sounds tired...mentally tired of the waiting each day to see what new event the fire has on it's plate.
We wanted to be able to be outside, A LOT! Visit the sculpture park that I love so much, hike the rock quarry, head to Estes (which is now also burning), sit on Debbies deck and enjoy some wine...but...as she explained, there are times when the air quality is not the best and they are canceling things and warning those with asthma (like Mike), the elderly and the real young. It sounds like the night is the most unpredictable in that it seemingly always gets a bit more smoky smelling at night which can make sleeping not all that pleasant.
So, what to do?
I'd like to go, HOWEVER. . . and that's a BIG however, the more I think about it, the more I'd like to head to Western Wyoming and Yellowstone......hummmm.....I guess that's what makes it all so exciting, playing it by ear, flying by the seat of your pants, not putting all our eggs into one basket and just make the choice on the run.

No comments:
Post a Comment