We are just SO happy to finally be on the road! No more waiting! Its going to be phenomenal to see people I haven't seen in upwards of 30 years or more! South Dakota will be a place of bonding. And to be able to spend time with family friends in Wyoming that are more like family is bringing me such joy it's hard to explain. Mike is just thrilled to be hitting places he's never been to before, that proverbial bucket with the list attached to it will be well fed this trip...as always.
So we head out this morning and after we were 15 minutes out of town I realized I didn't have my tripod! Oops! Mike wanted to go back and get it, I was undecided. So I called home, Ty said it wasn't there. I reached behind the seat and dug around some more and low and behold, i was more organized than I thought cuz there it was!
Not really a necessity, but a nice extra that I do like to take with me on trips. Pretty glad it was there!
We just passed Albert Lea, MN, the town where my parents met and married. It's a pretty area, and it brings back many memories, however after Albert Lea, hit Boresville! (see pic)
Good thing we have car games and good conversation, sounds like Country Fest didn't disappoint as it seemingly shot out its typical highs and lows of wackiness. But I understand I missed out on the AMAZING trailer we had this year! A 2012 that was FULLY loaded with a great bathroom, nice shower and a living space with recliner and flat screen with DVD...oh ho hum!
So we continue on our way, now well past Albert Lea and its still boresvilles! One good thing however, Estes Park is not burning any longer! Fire 100% contained at 23,000 acres. No injuries!
High Park Fire? Not so much. Still burning and up to 83,000+ acres 200 some homes lost. One fatality.
Still undecided as far as Colorado goes, but that's they beauty of this trip, we can fly by the seat of our pants!
YIPPY!

No comments:
Post a Comment